Open Property Group is a trading style of Open Property Finance Limited.
Our head office address for correspondence:
Company Registered Number 08869983
Controllers of information
Any personal information we gather is controlled by Open Property Group, Suite 1, Europa House, Packhorse Road, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, SL9 8BQ.
We aim to process information about you fairly and in a transparent manner and the aim of this document is to provide you with sufficient information for you to be able to understand what we are doing with your data.
If you are unsure how we are handling information about you or you think we could improve our privacy information please contact Open Property Group in writing at the above address or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
We collect directly from you the information provided when you complete a form on our website.
Indirectly, we record your IP address, browser type, operating system and which pages on our websites and which emails or mailings you respond to.
When you use our websites or register information with us via telephone, email or writing to us, we may collect, derive, combine, access, or otherwise process your personal information for the following purposes:
- To offer, administer and provide products and services in relation to your enquiry.
- To keep you notified of relevant Open Property Group offers, news, offers and information, which we think, may be of interest to you including by email, post or telephone where you have granted us permission to do so.
- The monitoring of customer traffic patterns and website usage to help us to develop the design and layout of the website.
- Providing you with a more personalised user experience when using our websites or any other services we might provide to you, by analysing, segmenting and profiling our database and allowing us to target you with information we think you might be most interested in including products and services.
- To send you market research surveys for quality management purposes where you have granted us permission to do so.
Legal basis for processing your data
We undertake the activities above for the reasons below:
- Point 1 above - to fulfil any contractual obligations we may have when you make purchases from us.
- Points 2 & 5 above – on the basis of your consent.
- Points 3 & 4 above - in the pursuit of our legitimate interests as a commercial organisation including the marketing and promotion of our brand and services.
What do we do with the information that we collect?
We may share your personal information with other companies within our group and certain selected companies in order to facilitate your enquiry, optimise our services, to provide you with the best user experience, to provide technical assistance and to perform other functions to support our marketing activities. This includes sharing your personal information with our solicitors, estate agents, surveyors, service providers and law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity and help administer products and services in relation to your enquiry.
We may share your information with the following companies within our group but, only where you have given us permission to share your information with them:
All selected companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions, but will only be permitted by us to use such personal information for the purpose of performing that function (which may include one to which you have expressly given your consent) and not for any other purpose.
We do not sell, rent or trade the data we collect with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
You have a right to indicate your personal data preferences I.e. whether your personal data is disclosed to third parties, preferences regarding the frequency, subject matter, and the format of communications you receive from Open Property Group. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time for any of the processing activities that are based on your consent.
We collect personal information for specific purposes and on specific legal bases and endeavour to collect only the personal information required for those purposes.
Once this purpose has been fulfilled and the personal information is no longer required, we will anonymise your data by removing any identifiable information or erase it.
When requesting access to your personal data provide as much detail as possible about what personal data you would like access to and include in the subject line that it regards an access request. For complying with your access request, we may ask you to provide us with evidence of your identity plus some additional information.
If you so choose you may request us to rectify or block the processing of your personal data if that personal data is no longer accurate, up-to-date or when the further processing of that personal data would be in violation of applicable data protection legislation.
You have a right to request that your personal data deleted, if the data is no longer relevant to the original purposes for processing, or should you choose to withdraw your consent.
You have a right to receive any personal data that you have provided to us in order to transfer it onto another data controller where the processing is based on consent and is carried out by automated means called a data portability request.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data where the basis of the processing is our legitimate interests including but not limited to direct marketing and profiling.
You have a right to lodge a complaint about any aspect of how we handle your data by first sending an email to email@example.com outlining the details of your complaint. We will make every effort to resolve your complaint internally. Should you feel that the way we have dealt with your complaint is unsatisfactory, you have the right to then raise your complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK who can be contacted here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Links to other websites
Any questions regarding your privacy?
Open Property Group are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of sending information over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent.
Applicable data protection law
What are cookies?
How do cookies work?
The information stored by cookies allows people to use the details to tailor pages specific to users or the page can use the data in the cookie to carry information from one visit to the website or related site, to the next.
Cookies only use data that has been volunteered by the user or that a webserver already has stored.
Which cookies are we using?
There are cookies present on www.openpropertygroup.com that relate to Google Analytics and the browsing sessions itself. Open Property Group uses Google Analytics for the purpose of monitoring website performance and at no point will Google Analytics be used to track or collect personally identifiable information of visitors to the site.
We may also collect information about your IP address which may be used to detect the organisation or ISP connecting to the site.
Google Analytics can be disabled across all websites by visiting http://tools.Google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
How can these cookies be disabled?
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org
Not only will we be able to work with you more closely to manage your existing tenancy agreement, your track record as a tenant will enable Experian to use the information supplied to them to assist other landlords and organisations to:
- assess and manage any new tenancy agreements you may enter into;
- assess your financial standing to provide you with suitable products and services;
- manage any accounts that you may already hold, for example reviewing suitable products or adjusting your product in light of your current circumstances;
- contact you in relation to any accounts you may have and recovering debts that you may owe;
- verifying your identity, age and address, to help other organisations make decisions about the services they offer;
- help to prevent crime, fraud and money laundering;
- screen marketing offers to make sure they are appropriate to your circumstances;
- for Experian to undertake statistical analysis, analytics and profiling,
- and for Experian to conduct system and product testing and database processing activities, such as data loading, data matching and data linkage.
If you would like to see more information on these, and to understand how the credit reference agencies each use and share rental data as bureau data (including the legitimate interests each pursues) this information is provided in this link: www.experian.co.uk/crain (Credit Reference Agency Information Notice (CRAIN)). (For a paper copy, please get in touch with us or with Experian using the contact details in this letter).
Get a FREE cash offer
Get your cash offer today
We buy property directly and you won't pay any agent's fees.